But, I wanted to tell about some things that I am thankful for that are specific to me and my life right now.
So, this week I am thankful for my neighbors. I have the best neighbors. It doesn't matter how old they are, what religion, what race, how many kids.....we all get along and they are all very welcoming and supportive of each other.
My neighbor across the street has a beautiful yard. So this is what I see every day when I go outside. I love his flower flag. It makes me smile EVERY time. Jerry is so awesome. He is a retired teacher so we have a lot of great conversations. I know almost every family on my street. When we moved in, every single one of them stopped by and welcomed us to the neighborhood and brought us a little something. They are people who want to know their neighbors and be involved.
When someone has a bar-b-que down at the park....everyone stops by and usually they join in!
Everyone knows who my kids are, and if they are ever in need of help, my children know that they can go to any house on our street and be safe and get help. It is a good feeling.
So, the McQueens, Carrie, Sherry, the Bartletts, the Floods, Ed & Pat, Ellie & Jim, the Lantzs, the Simpsons, the Speers, the Schmerfelds and the Willis'......you make my world a little brighter and I am thankful for you all!
4 comments:
Very nice! Thanks for that! I am jealous. Although I did sit outside last week and watch my neighbor girl to her flag routine. That was a fun bonding moment!
It's not my fault I couldn't afford to live on snob hill, I mean "Linda Lane".
And besides, you copied my Katannuta post. But that's okay... I love being your role model.
Good neighbors are hard to come by. You are lucky!!
Linda...love, love your blog! And I agree, having wonderful neighbors (with very cool flower flags) makes every day a bit brighter!
Post a Comment