
I am thankful that Annell taught me how to can. So far I have canned: peaches, peach preserves, tomatoes, applesauce & apple butter. This is a skill that I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought I'd have. But thanks to my best friend who is an EXTREMELY PATIENT person I now have a new skill. YAY!
The best part is my children's reactions. I guess they feed off my excitement. But when I make Thomas' lunch he'll say "Make sure you put some applesauce in...it tastes so good cause it was made with love!" (I know, he already knows how to please me....should make for some interesting teenage years.)
I'm becoming so domestic. If my grandmother were still alive I think she'd faint. Whew...I'm learning how to be a homemaker!
Watch out world.
7 comments:
I can't wait to learn how!! So awesome. I really need to get with it!
I always knew that there was a domestic goddess in you!
Every time I hear of someone canning peaches, I think of a story once told to me.
(There was a man that was to be sent to his death for a crime. In those days, if a woman needed a man to work the farm, she could spare man going to the gallows. the only draw back is she had to enter into a marriage with him. Later, she was asked about how s-- was. she said, "It's like canning peaches... sometimes we just have to get it 'er done."
Love your "Thankful" posts... The picture of your canned food is so pretty:-) Annell must be a pretty good teacher! You may have inspired me to get back to canning ~ thanks!
Can I just say I love your weekly thankful posts. I was going to copy the idea, but then I realized there's only a week until Thanksgiving...it's just not the same.
Also, I LOVED your comment. Just thought you should know. And I'll remember it for weeks to come since I'm printing it out and putting it on my wall. I've always wanted to make some one snort. Really, you just fulfilled a life-long dream of mine.
Thanks,
Alec
Okay, another comment... but not about peaches. It is the song that is playing "what might have been". Do you remember at chili's when we had that unique little discussion? that was the song we were talking about and it reminded me of a wonderful dinner out with a wonderful friend. thanks! That's my Katannuta for today.
Post a Comment