Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Not Worth The Cost
I'm sure you've seen these before....the people who have the dancing lights. I think they are awesome and I often wonder two things about the people who do this....
#1 - What is their electric bill?
#2 - Are they still married?
We will never attempt to put on a display like this at my house. Even though my husband is an audio/video/lighting freak and I know he could do it, doesn't mean we should. It is so not worth the cost. Do you know why? Because we would end up divorced. I seriously think a project of this undertaking would push us over the edge.
Because if there is one thing I've found out in almost 9 years of marriage....it's that Jared and I cannot work together.
We are both very bossy.
We are both stubborn and refuse to budge if we think we are right.
Uhm, I tend to get really angry and cry when someone yells at me to just be quiet and do what he says. (For the record...my SWEET husband would never do that...I'm just saying hypothetically.)
And I really like my husband. I would hate to lose him over dancing Christmas lights.
So, I'll leave this to the people who either
a) don't like their spouses
or
b) are grown-up and can work together and compromise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL! We don't work well together either. I am WAY too sensitive, if he gets frunstrated or grouchy, I get my feelings hurt and take it personally!! I do think those lights are AWESOME though!!
Plus, living in a nightclub can be pretty tough. Darrell and I can't do projects together either. The first one we attempted resulted in a printer that no longer worked, since the last remaining cartridge had been smashed against the living room wall.
I got this in an email, I was so glad they were not my neighbors!!!
The reason you (and DEFINITELY I) can't work with our husbands is because they have the same last name!!
Post a Comment