Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Came Early

This past weekend we went to Eagar for Thanksgiving. While we were there, Jared's mom gave me a quilt. She has a bunch of old quilts that were made by different members of her family. This quilt is one that I have coveted for a very long time. Jared's great-great-grandmother made it for his grandfather when he graduated from eighth grade. It is over 80 years old. The first time Bobbie showed it to me I loved it. It was only the top at the time. It had never been finished. So, when Jared's parents left on their mission I took the quilt top to a lady in our ward and she finished it. We gave it to Jared's parents for Christmas the year they came home. Anyway, I am so happy that this quilt is now mine. Now I just have to find a place to display it!

3 comments:

Andra said...

That is a beautiful quilt

Annell said...

I LOVE IT!!! Let's make that one for me!

Aunt Spicy said...

Wow! That is a beautiful quilt! I love how bright the colors are, what a fabulous piece of family history!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...