This past weekend, we and some other families from our ward went down to Rocky Point. It was a very fast trip, we left on Friday morning and came back on Saturday afternoon.
Jared has wanted to take the boys down there ever since he took his priests back in July. We've talked it over and spoke to our Bishop about it. He liked the idea and invited a couple of other families to go along. It turned out to be a very eye opening experience.
Friday afternoon we went to a poor neighborhood and fed the people. It was a simple dinner of hot dogs and chips, but they lined up and enjoyed it.
Saturday morning we went to the grocery store and loaded up on some staples. Then we divided the food up and along with some donations that we had received and went to eight different families and dropped off these gifts.
Saturday afternoon we went out the the orphanage and took some donations of food, clothing & toys to the children. We stayed out there and played with the kids for a while. Then we came home.
This trip was amazing. It is very humbling to see how people live. I know I should be better about expressing my thanks for the things that I have. Well...this trip made the point crystal clear to me. We are so blessed. What amazed me the most is that these people had NOTHING, and yet they were all happy.
It was a good lesson for me & the boys. It is one that I hope I will never forget.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That is really one of the most touching thing we have seen. We loved the stories when Jared and Danny went down with the Priests. What a great experience for your family.
Oh that is soooo AWESOME, what a good thing to do as a family and for your boy's! Good job and let me know if you ever do that again I would love to help!
Thanks for your sweet comment on Tims graduation!
That is awesome, We would love to do that next year if you guys go again.
Post a Comment