Monday, November 16, 2009

Et Tu, Brute?

Last Thursday, after I picked up the boys from school we went to run some errands. Nate fell asleep and Thomas was reading so it was pretty quiet and I actually forgot they were in the car with me. (I know. I'm a great mom....but it gets better...)

One of the stop I made was at the bank. I went through the drive-thru and was already driving away when I realized I forgot to send the signed receipt back to the teller. It really wasn't a big deal but for some reason, I just blurted out..."Oh Sh*t!"

The second I said it, I remembered that my lovely innocent children were in the back seat.

I turned around and looked at Thomas and he was grinning at me.

"I'm so sorry Thomas!"

"It's no big deal mom."

"No. It is. I tell you all the time to watch your language and then I turn around and swear. I'm so sorry. It was wrong of me. I shouldn't cuss."

"Ok. Thanks for apologizing mom."

I felt so bad! What a horrible example I am to my children! And I was touched that he was so understanding with me. He didn't even try to make me feel guilty or bribe me. Which is probably something I would have done as a kid. I have the sweetest boy in the world.

We get home and the boys settle down to do their homework. Jared walked in the door about 30 minutes later and as he came to give me a kiss, Thomas walked in and said...

"Hey mom. Did you tell Dad all about your SIN?

He stared laughing and walked away.

Jared gave me a puzzled look.

I smiled at him and said, "Hold on. I need to go strangle one of your children."

Never trust a nine year old to keep a secret.

5 comments:

jake and jenni said...

That is such a "Thomas" story. He is such a good kid, but knows how to use things at just the right time. :)

p.s. the word verification I have to type to publish this comment is "colantin"
That is why I eat fiber...it's meant to be. No colon tin for me...thank you.

Jenny Johnson said...

What a wise young man you have, already learning how to annoy his mother!

Ginger said...

Your blog is ALWAYS good for a laugh!

Michelle Connolly said...

so did you confess? lol!! he's such a clever kid :)

Lee Anne said...

He is a little smarty pants. Isn't it funny how kids never seem to hear what you want them to but they never miss the things you don't want them to hear. It was fun seeing Jared the other night. Wish we could have seen you too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...