Monday, July 13, 2009

Uhm, Those Aren't Mine

I belong to a club called Paperbackswap. It is an online club where you post books that you are willing to trade and people from all over the country can request them from you. You mail the book off to them and you get a credit which you can then use to order a book from someone else.

Pretty simple and nifty. I love it. It has saved me a bunch of money so far.

A while back I had a friend give me a bunch of her books to post. I told her she should post them because I felt bad that I was going to get about 100 credits from books that she bought. She said "No. No. Really! I insist! You read way more than I do, so please! Take them."

Maybe I should have gotten suspicious then. But I didn't. I'm pretty trusting.

So, I took the big black garbage bag full of books home and proceeded to happily list them on paperbackswap.com.

People have been ordering these books left and right. I have been so excited because I have about 130 credits and I've already ordered a ton of books.

Then, last week, my perfect little dream world was shattered.

Someone requested a book and I picked it up out of the pile to get it ready to mail. I set it on my desk, but it was a little too close to the edge because it fell right off and opened up. I picked up the book and glanced over the page.

I turned bright red and felt my face heat up.

It was a sex book. It had opened up to a rather juicy and explicit scene as a matter of fact. I was floored. I shut the book and then opened it again and kinda flipped through it real quick. It was FULL of sex scenes! I was soooooo embarrased!

Oh...did I forget to mention that I am a HUGE PRUDE?

So, now I took a second look at all the books I have left. I flipped through all of them and they are also sex books!

I was so ashamed.

Then I realized, these people think that I own and have read all these books.

I didn't know what to do.

Well, that was last week.

This week, I got another request for two books and do you know what? I looked at the person's name on the mailing sheet and before I could stop myself I thought: "Uhm! You sinner."

I really am not judging these people.

Well, okay. Maybe I am.

But! Please dear friends. Learn from my mistake.

Always be weary of friends bearing gifts.

3 comments:

Stephanie :) said...

I told you not to tell anyone where you got them.

Ginger said...

That is classic!

Lucinda said...

TOO FUNNY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...