We went up on Thursday and had three great days of just hanging out with family in the cool weather. It rained every night so I was in heaven! My boys love being able to trot back and forth between grandma's house and the Penrod's house. They love wandering all over the farm and checking on the animals.
Saturday was fun. I love our little parade. It is the best.
Clarence always rode in the parade with the sheriff's posse. This year, they put Golden, Clarence's horse in the parade with a memorial banner.It was really neat and I admit I got a little teary eyed when it came by.
I didn't know this, but the boots are put in the stirrups backwards to signify the rider's last ride and that he is looking back on his life.
All in all we had a great relaxing weekend. It is times like those that make me think I could live in RV again. Then I remember the winters and the wind and I change my mind.
I'm happiest when I get to visit.
6 comments:
Me too. I love going home for the 4th, but I'm glad I live where I do. Me and cold just don't go together anymore.
Great post Linda. What a great tribute to Clarence.
I miss visiting home but I don't miss living in AZ at all!! Me and the heat just don't get along. :)
Thats so neat! To bad we didn't run into you guys!! Soo many people in town, It's always so fun.
I also got teary eyed when I saw the horse during the parade. It was a great weekend and weather was wonderful. Sorry to hear about your car.
Thanks to annell, I now live in that "cold" place she is talking about! ;p Somehow we just swapped. I miss the heat! I'm sitting here at the computer at about 60 degrees. brrr.
The horse in memory of Clarence was touching. Thanks for sharing!!
Ohhhh love that! And love small town parades!
Post a Comment