Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys


The kids said and did a lot of funny and cute things last weekend. But, my very favorite quote came from Nathan.

I think all little boys go through a period when they are fascinated by cowboys. Nate sure thinks they are the best. So when all the kids asked Jared for a horseback ride, I think Nate was the most excited.

The kids were gathered around watching Jared get Golden ready for their ride. Everyone else was just chattering away, but Nate stood there silent.

Then he whispered in an awed reverence:

"Dad? How long have you been a cowboy?"

Jared just smiled at him and told him a long time.

It was so cute. You could just hear the awe and the pride in Nathan's voice that his dad is a cowboy.

3 comments:

Michelle Connolly said...

such a sweet story! dads are so cool. my little noah is like your nathan. wants to be just like his dad.

i'm glad you got to enjoy rv for the 4th. i was missing my family and the holiday festivities. north pole doesn't do much for the 4th, not even fireworks (mostly because it's light outside 24/7 right now and you wouldn't be able to see them anyway). we did set off some really loud firecrackers though.

btw - i love reading your blog!

jake and jenni said...

I go nuts for cowboy butts! Jared, I'm not checking you out...I just haven't had an oppurtunity to say that diddy for a while! Nate is sooo cute!

Ginger said...

That story is so sweet. I loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...