Okay, so the day that I always knew would come is upon us.
We have our first broken heart.
I've written before about Nate and Ashley. He's 6, She's 19. We have always known that one day Ashley would get married and Nate would have to deal with it. I guess I just didn't realize HOW HARD he would take it!
So yesterday at church Ashley told me that she got engaged Saturday night. I was so excited for her. I love Ashley. She is so sweet and such a good person. But then reality broke through...."Uh, Who's going to tell Nathan?"
Jared figured that Shane, her fiancee should tell him since according to Jared this is all Shane's fault.
Well, Jared and I broke the news to Nate. I felt so bad. He was so happy and when we told him, he just started crying! He said he was very sad because he loved Ashley, and that she already promised to marry him! Okay....he's six! Jared even said..."Uhm Nate...you're six. She's 19. Don't you think that is a big age difference?" His answer? "NO!"
We tried all sorts of things to cheer him up and nothing worked. Jared finally told him to get used to it because it won't be the first time a girlfriend gets married on him. (GREAT compassion huh.)
I ended up telling him that I know he was hurt, but that Ashley is still our friend and that we will be happy for her.
Thomas walks in at this point and asks what is going on. When we tell him, his response is...."See. This is why I don't fall in love."
I've got the romantic and the cynic.
Lovely.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Nathan and Ryan should do lunch and Ryan could give him pointers on how he managed to get over Evon breaking his heart!
This is too hysterical! You do have two sons on completely opposite ends of the spectrum! Maybe Nathan can now fall in love with a younger woman and he can be the heart breaker.
A good cry and a gallon of ice cream is pretty good for a broken heart.
Poor Nate Dog...There's always Paige.
My only adivce is (I was Ashly at one time...ask Lucinda)Ashly needs to throw Shane a batman birthday party and invite Nathan so he can bond with Shane and see how cool he is. That worked for Ryan, it still took another 6 months before Ryan would talk to me, but now we are on speaking terms again and he will call me Sister Chavez but NOT Sister Manwaring!
That is so cute, sad and funny all at the same time. First loves are always the hardest :)
LOL~ So funny!! Poor little guy.
Well is he wouldn't have left Kate for Ashley.... he wouldn't have this problem. Tell him it's his own fault.
Post a Comment