Friday, October 31, 2008

Fish From Church

As we were sitting around carving our pumpkins we had a very interesting conversation.

Nate: Why are pumpkins so slimy and gross and filled with seeds?

Me: Well, the seed are how you get new pumpkins. Maybe this is what you look like inside.

Nate: I don't have seeds inside me!

Me: I do.

Thomas: No you don't! You have eggs inside you.

Nate: Yeah, and the eggs are what turn into babies.

Thomas: Well first daddies have to give mommies somthing to make the egg into a baby.

At this point Jared and I give each other very surprised, nervous looks!

Thomas: Oh yeah, the daddies have to give the mommies a fish.

Nate: I bet it has to be a fish from church.

Me: Why?

Nate: Because, babies are a gift from God so you can't use a fish from a store or a lake, it has to be a fish from church!

Jared and I just looked at each other and laughed.

2 comments:

Cherai said...

THAT IS SOOO FUNNY!!! I laughed so hard. You are gunna have to use that one in a talk or something. I wonder where that came from.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

May I call upon you and Jared to come and give a fireside next time my kids have a question?????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...