Okay, so I have had a few people ask about the music this go around. So when I changed all my music I was in a very 80's mood. I usually am. I love 80's music. During the 80's decade...(80-89)...I was 4-13 years old. The music from the 80's takes me back to a great time in my life.
I was young and carefree.
It makes me think of summers with cousins and swimming pools.
I think of all the dance routines that my sister made up and made me perform with her.
I remember when I got along with everyone (or so it seemed) because I wasn't so judgy like I am now.
I think of how COOL it was to see Michael Jackson moonwalk for the first time. He was awesome.
This music takes me back to before boys were important and I didn't care what I looked like when I left the house. (I know, most of you are probably thinking that I STILL don't care, and you're mostly right.)
I think of my crazy bachelor uncle who we thought was so awesome because of his huge RECORD collection and I vowed that someday I would have a huge record collection so that my nieces and nephews would look up to me.
It also helps me feel a little smarter since I no longer use the words: radical, gnarly & dude...okay! I still say dude. But only when it's appropriate.
I think of my neon clothes and hyper-color shirt and rolling up pants and huge thick socks (2 pair) and leg warmers and madonna bracelets.
So, my 80's picks help keep me sane. When I hear this music I feel like a little kid all over again and some of the stresses of being a responsible adult just fade away.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
The 80's ROCK!! I would love to be able to still wear my super cool pink lace tie with lace gloves, bow in my hair, or my suspenders backwards and think I look totally awesome!!! (Oh yeah, I'll probably use a lighter on my eyeliner before I put it on so I would looks even more awesome!!)
I LUVE the 80's that was probably the most innocent time of my life, (lets not talk about the 90's)I must be old you were 4 in the 80's? I was 11 in 1980. I loved Duran Duran and John Walker (not the drink the boy in my ward who was 2 years older than me. Awe, memories!!!
Linda, my motto is still, "when I grow up, I want to be like Linda."
my 80's memory is that
I convinced my mom one day to buy me some neon pink (pedal pushers, knickers, capris'... boy did I date myself). Neon was so "in" at that time. I was so proud that I was really going to feel like I was "In". I got to school and everyone in all my classes said, "Ewww turn off the lights, would ya? That night, I put them in the washer with about a half a bottle of clorox. Needless to say, they were not neon anymore and I was still NOT "IN".
I was wondering what was up with Culture Club. I was like, This is soo long ago.
Remember George Michael?
I do like "Take ON Me" by Aha.
I love 80's music! In fact, every time I log onto your blog with my speakers on, even before you changed up your music, I think to myself "I love this song", every time, without fail!
I wish I could still wear over sized mens jackets, a mans shirt tied at the waist, a tight pair of leggings tucked in my socks with pointy shoes. Oh and don't forget the big hair and bigger earrings. I miss the body that wore it too!
80's Music Rocks! My sister and I knew all the words to every song Billy Joel sang. We even had dances to them. I still remember all of the words to "We Didn't Start the Fire."
What a great post!
Post a Comment