Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's going on at my house! - Part II

A while back I wrote a post that told about some remodeling that was going on at my house. We remodeled the boys bathroom. It all started with a little leak and turned into a huge project. Well....it is finally done. Actually, we finished back in January but I just now got around to taking some pictures. We only need a new light fixture and a mirror and I still have to paint the cabinet, but other than that it is done! So here it is....completely decorated too.....


I am a little bugged with the decorations. I was all set to go cheap. I picked out a $5.00 plastic curtain and some towels and mats, but I made the mistake of taking the boys with me to buy the stuff. They saw the monkeys and begged and begged. Seriously, they are good little schmoozers! So, we bought the monkeys and I told them that since this was way more expensive than I had planned, that they were going to have a monkey bathroom until they got home from their missions! I plan to stick to my guns too! Well, when they saw it all done they were very excited. Nathan said "Mom.....I've always wanted my own monkey bathroom! You are the best mom ever!" I guess that makes it all worth it. And now for the one thing that I was most excited about......

Yes! We got a urinal. Now I know there are people out there with way more than two boys, but I had to have one. I guess I am just a wimp but, I am so tired of wiping pee off the floor. Why can't these boys hit that big ol bowl? Well I have to say, their bathroom stays much cleaner and smells much better. I've only had to clean up pee once because I caught them standing against the opposite wall trying to see if they could make it into the urinal! Other than that it has been wonderful! Anyway, sorry to take up so much of your time talking about pee and bathrooms....but such is the day in the life of a mom.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Turned out very cute!! Glad I only have one boy, they are so messy.

Marci said...

Such a cute bathroom! The monkeys are so cute! I haven't had any problems with the "boy-pee", but such a great idea for the urinal.

Mindful Mothering said...

Cute Bathroom! I love that they will have have a monkey bathroom until they get home from missions... thanks for the laugh.

A mom and her boys! said...

I want one for every bathroom.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

That is hilarious! I am definitely getting one of those! I have one of those air fresheners that go off every 40 minutes to try and keep up with the smell! How much is a urinal anyway? I am totally serious! :)

bigelow family said...

I am very, very jealous of the urinal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...