Monday, May 25, 2015

Wrestlemania

This school year has had a lot of new experiences for me.

I started the school year working at the boys' school. It was an interesting transition. Learning how to be an employee and not a mom. But I realized very quickly that I am always their mom. I started out part time, but after two months I was moved to full time. It was definitely an adjustment to our home life. I think we've done okay. I don't make the dinners I used to make and my house isn't as clean as it used to be, but we are happy.

Well, now we are at the end of the school year and I have six months of our lives to catch up on....

So let's get to it.

You know that it's going to start out with wrestling.

Because wrestling is our lives. 
(There was no sarcasm in my voice AT ALL when I said that.)

So both boys were on the ACP wrestling team and they dominated everyone they wrestled.

Thomas had an interesting year. He learned a great lesson about the difference between confidence and arrogance. He learned what it truly means to be a team leader. That just because you are good doesn't mean you can be a punk.

It was a hard lesson, especially to watch him go through it and to see him behave in a way that made me cringe and cover my eyes and say, "What happened to my child?"

But, he learned it. And he is a better wrestler, teammate, brother, son, friend and person because of it. I love that he was able to humble himself and most importantly that he made it right. I am so proud of the young man he is becoming.

Thomas won first place at the beginning of the year EVC Tournament.





  

He is the EVC 118lb Champion 


On the club level he did pretty well at several big tournaments. 


He placed 4th at the Arizona State Junior High Tournament


And our team, the Thorobred's took first place.


He placed first at the Mile High Tournament in Prescott


He is the 2015 Arizona State Folkstyle Champion


and he placed 3rd at the Arizona State Freestyle Tournament.


Now Nathan had a great year too.
He had a great time being part of the ACP wrestling team. He loved the feeling of winning all of his matches. That doesn't really happen at the club level. So it was a good confidence builder for him.






And Nathan is the EVC Champion at 73lbs!


He had a great year on the club level as well. 


He placed 3rd at the Mile High Tournament in Prescott.


He placed 3rd at the Arizona State Folkstyle Tournament


And he placed 1st at the Arizona State Freestyle Tournament!



I think the best part of this wrestling season was that Jared decided to help coach. It gave him so much extra time with the boys. They all loved it and Jared had a really good time too.


So, as the boys get older, wrestling changes to year round.

YAY!

I'm super excited about this. 

But, as Thomas moves on to High School and I realize that in four years this will be over for Thomas and close to being over for Nathan. I know that even though right now I don't love sacrificing ALL of my time to wrestling, I will miss it when they are gone.

So I am going to soak it all up as much as I can.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...