I love this kid. He drives me crazy and is personally responsible for ALL of my grey hairs. But I love him.
This last month of school has been a little crazy. I think. I THINK. My son was trying to find his place in this world. He started making some decisions that seriously made me go, "Hmmm." And I might have cussed a little.
Speaking of that.....do you want to know one of my favorite quotes?
Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain
Yeah, I definitely cussed a little.
So let's just say that my sweet son made some choices that had some great consequences. Let's just say he was suspended from school three times in four weeks.
I KNOW RIGHT?
I was pissed to say the least.
But, as frustrated as I was with him, little things helped me keep things in perspective.
Like this little note being put on the door by my desk.
And my friends making me laugh by joking about it.
So it took some threats and some lectures and some very heavy mexican mom guilt but he has decided to fly straight for the rest of the year.
And then we had his 8th grade semi-formal dance.
It was fun to see him with his friends and relaxed and having a good time. After the dance he and a bunch of other kids from school all decided to stay in their formal clothes and they went to the movies. I thought it was fun for them to all have one last hangout before they all move on to different high schools.
And then we had his 8th grade promotion ceremony. It was nice. So he is moving on to high school. I'm excited for him but so nervous too!
He's never had any discipline problems ever before at school so I hope he's gotten it all out of his system. I think it was just one of those things where he rebelled a little. But in the grand scheme of things - his rebelling was pretty safe. Considering the things he could get into - I'll take our problems any day.
He's a good kid and he is willing to learn from his mistakes.
And now he is officially a Chandler Wolf!!!












1 comment:
Ugh, kids! We love them so much and it's so hard to watch them make bad choices. Just keep loving him, even if sometimes it has to be tough love and pray that he'll turn things around as he matures.
Our graduate this year made a complete 180 and I am so grateful. I honestly saw the kid going off, joining the military, and leading a rather wild life before he would end up turning around.
Just hoping it sticks now.
Post a Comment