I love to mess with my kids.
It's true.
I love to make-up stuff and see if I can get them to believe me, (Yeah, some people call that lying....So?) I like to play little pranks on them. April Fools day is not just once a year here in our house.
Well, sometimes, just sometimes, I feel a little guilty. I think to myself that if I was a good mom I wouldn't do this. But I just can't help myself. Yes, it has gotten harder as they have gotten older. They are not near as trusting as they used to be. They know.
Mom's going to trick us if she can....
See....good things are coming out of this. They are learning to spot when someone is scamming them, they are learning how to reason and think logically.......right?
I finally realized that I am not solely to blame for my behavior. It turns out, this is genetic.
While the boys were brushing their teeth one morning in Yuma, Thomas looked up and all of a sudden got very excited. He finished brushing and rinsed and said, "Mom! Look what I found!"
He was SO excited. Because you know, Tata IS a banker and of course he just plays with money all day long and of COURSE he would bring it home and just stash it everywhere. He climbed onto the counter and retrieved his prize....
I told him to suck it up. These kinds of pranks are what I dealt with my whole life. Tata likes to keep you on your toes.
I am now very proud that I am carrying on this fine family legacy.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment