The wrestling season is divided between two different types of wrestling. There is folkstyle which runs from October to February. Then from February to May is the freestyle season. Thomas and Nathan had fun learning both styles of wrestling. A couple of weeks ago the State Championship tournament was held.
Nate had to wrestle a girl first. He pinned her.
Thomas's first opponent. He pinned this kid.
Nate's 2nd match. He pinned this kid too. In fact it was so fast I didn't even get a picture of it!
I think Thomas lost this match. He wrestled hard though.
The boys did really well. Thomas placed 3rd in the State...
and Nate placed 2nd!
Overall, Nathan won 4 matches (3 pins) and lost 1. Thomas won 3 matches (2 pins) and lost 2. I am so proud of the both of them!
Plus, as an added bonus they got to meet Tito Ortiz. He signed their shirts for them. They thought that was cool. Not because of his MMA championships but because he was on Celebrity Apprentice. I kinda think they watch too much T.V.
No comments:
Post a Comment