Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well, Don't Knock Yourself Out

The boys spent this past week in Yuma with their Nana & Tata. It is a tradition that they get to spend a week during spring break and summer break with them. They always come home happy and full of stories of all the fun things they did.

Well, of course that means that Jared and I were alone.

Sunday night - we hung out.

Monday night - movies.

Jared was off the rest of the week because of a Young Men's outing. But, they changed their trip by one day, so he had a free day on Tuesday. I had to work so he worked around the house and got a lot of things done that had been on his list for a few months now.

PLUS, he also made dinner. (I know. He's Superman.) He was very proud of himself when I walked in from my hard day at work and he announced...."I made dinner!"

"Really? What did you make?"

"A Roast."

I was pretty impressed. I felt very loved and pampered. My husband had made me a roast dinner while I was slaving away at work!

So I walked into the kitchen and looked into the crock-pot. Like he said, there was a beautiful roast, cooked to perfection. But, there was something that kind of puzzled me....

"Uh, did you put any potatoes or carrots in here?"

"Nope. Tonight we are having a man dinner."

"Oh really? What is a man dinner?"

"Meat."

"What?"

"Yeah, meat. I made meat for dinner."

" Do you want me to cook up some potatoes or corn or something? A quick salad?'

"Nope. We are just having meat."

With that, he got out the plates and sliced up his roast and served dinner.

That's right.

Just meat.

Now I'm wondering why I've knocked myself out all these years making a full meal for a house full of men when they are happy with just meat.

3 comments:

Michelle Connolly said...

My boys are wondering if they can come to dinner at your house...all meat and no veggies...heaven!!!

:)

Lucinda said...

Yup, just meat! Just like a man... it's all about the meat! ahhh

Elena Vaughn said...

This is what I did...I read your story and when I got to the end..I snorted a laugh and slapped my face (gentely) to my face while slowly nodding my head...you crack me up linda.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...