Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yeah, Those Aren't The Words.

Patricia, my sister, calls me the lyric police and I will admit, I am a little OCD when it comes to song lyrics. I just figure that if you're going to sing along....DO IT RIGHT!

So, can you imagine my dismay when I learned that my own son has developed an ear for the WRONG words to songs? I've tried to correct him, but he just doesn't care.

Here are a few examples:

So What, by Pink - he sings..."So What...I smell a rock star..."

Gives You Hell, by All-American Rejects..."I hope it gives you a well..."

and my all time favorite:

Juke Box Hero, by Foreigner..."And he'll be a juice box hero!"

Oh the shame.

8 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

...ahhh, everyone needs a juice box hero!

Mandy said...

You are funny. I need your email, I'm going private. mdavis_23@yahoo.com

Stephanie :) said...

I was oh-so-bad at lyrics when I was younger....I'd like to think that I've gotten better. My all time favorite is, "I am a child of God and so my knees are gray!" (You know, from kneeling all the time!)

Ginger said...

I loved this post! I think wrong lyrics are hilarious!

Annell said...

Jayda has always sung "I'm a child of God, and he has left me here." Kids crack me up!

Lee Anne said...

I am totally one of those wrong word singers. I guess my hearing just isn't that great. Don't be too hard on him. After all, think of the funny stories you have to tell!

jake and jenni said...

Those aren't the real lyrics? well, i like juice boxes alot anyway!

Anonymous said...

ok, juice box is the best of all the heroes!!!

my kids are terrible about wrong lyrics!! aaron and i are always cringing when they sing them but then aaron joins in by making up more wrong lyrics to go with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...