This morning around 2:30, Nate came into my room and very CHEERFULLY announced that he had just puked and therefore could not go to school today.
I actually just laid there for a minute thinking Jared would get up and take care of it. (Clue #1 that my brain was in a total fog)
Then I got up and immediately tied a bandanna around my nose and mouth, bank robber style, (I have really sensitive gag reflexes) and went to clean it up.
I got an old towel and scooped up the majority of the puke and walked into their bathroom. I looked around to figure out the best place to dump it...(sink...no, urinal...no...pass over toilet....aha! the Tub has a nice huge drain!) I'm telling you people....I was in a sleep deprived FOG.
So I dump it into the tub. I turn on the water and rinse the towel and go back for more. About my third or fourth trip I notice that the tub is not draining. So, I grab one of the boys' karate weapons (which is for sale, by the way) to stir up the chunks that have obviously clogged the drain. The chunks clear away and I see the little silver cap that plugs the tub for baths.
Now I start to panic. Because I know I'm going to have to stick my hand down into the puke water to twist the cap off. I screw up my courage and I do it. Only to find that my sweet husband had installed a special cap that DOESN'T COME OFF!
By now, I am only vaguely aware that my son is standing next to me while I am spewing out cuss words.
I wash my hands, grab the karate weapon and a plunger and sit beside the tub for another 30 minutes, plunging puke down the tub drain, gagging all the while.
If my husband had only informed me that he had put on a Superman Drain Cap in the boys bathroom, this could all have been avoided.
Then again I wouldn't have this wonderful tale to share with you, my friends.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm gagging too! I havent had to clean that up in a long time!! Knocking on wood right now! Dang Jared! LOL>
Gross! I feel your pain.
It's times like this that make me grateful I don't have children.
So, how much is the karate weapon going for? LOL. Funny story, I actually keep latex gloves at home for just the situation. I have been lucky though because the last few times the kids decided to do the middle of the night puking I was at work and Brett had to deal with it-oh so lucky.
I can't stop laughing, although if I were you I probably would have been crying.
Post a Comment