About 3 1/2 months ago, I was asked to do something that I was NOT very excited about. Jared and I were asked to be Ma's & Pa's for the upcoming trek. As you remember, that began a wonderful period in my life of constant wailing and gnashing of teeth. I really, really, REALLY did not want to do this.
Well. Last week we went on the trek. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I really enjoyed myself. It was hard, but, I learned a lot about myself and teenagers. They no longer scare me. YAY!
We were given a GREAT family. No whiners...just a bunch of good kids that worked hard and got along great with each other. Dustin was our clown and kept us laughing for four days. Katie was our cheerleader and kept everyone positive.
We had some crazy things happen, like the famous baby eating incident. (I'll tell you later), some proud moments (Jared...5-0 on the stick pull), some good eating (No one was sad to kill our chickens.."Dinn" & "Er") and we had some real tender moments too. All in all I had a great time. I feel that it also brought me closer with the YM & YW from my own ward.
So, to sum up....The Trek Rocks! Who knew?
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am so proud of you!
ps my word is zestless... is that a sign??
I am glad you survived and just think you have 4 more years to get ready for the next one. ;-0
Post a Comment