
School started today. I love how at the begining of the school year we are all so gung-ho. We all woke up early and no one was grumpy. The boys were dressed and ready by 6:30! So that means we made lunches and they had an actual breakfast, eggs and toast and milk...(usually we have cereal). Yeah, I give us about two months before everyone is grumpy and I'm rushing them out the door while saying..."Oh yeah....you're buying lunch today!"
So we parked and I walked over with the boys. Thomas informed me immediately that he didn't need my help and that he would see me later. So Nate and I waited in line for Miss Kogel to show up. It was kind of funny. The kids and parents were standing in our lines and it was hot and kids were getting fussy....and then the teachers came out....It was like a rock concert! The kids cheered and got so excited! No wonder these wonderful women love teaching these guys. The kids still love thier teachers at this point.
So, after that I went over to the second grade area and found Thomas. He had already made a friend and they were discussing Lego Indiana Jones strategy. A friendship made in heaven. Blade's mom and I exchanged info....we got the feeling there may be a few playdates in the future. When Thomas' teacher came out she ran out and shouted good morning and ran down the line fist bumping all the kids. She definately won the boys over. I am glad Thomas got such an awesome teacher. I gave Thomas five and he said good-bye.
As I was leaving I walked past the kinders again and they were still in line waiting for a couple of kids to show. So I gave Nate a kiss and told him to have fun. He let me kiss him but then said....Mom! You've already said good-bye 5 times!
Alright already! So I headed home where it is so unusually quiet. What am I going to do......

2 comments:
Holy Cow! It seemed like we started early this year and it's not even until Aug 13th. Are you guys on a year round schedule? It is funny how smoothly everything runs on the first few days of school! Have fun by yourself!!!!
Your gonna party!!!!
Post a Comment