Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague


This is such a great series. I hate to compare authors and series....like when people say "This is the new Harry Potter." you know....Harry Potter stands alone, you can't compare it to anything. I feel the same way about Favlehaven. It is able to stand on its own. Aside from being an interesting read, I am partial to the Fablehaven series for another reason. Brandon Mull came to Thomas' school when the second book came out. Thomas got the biggest kick out of that. Now, I love to read and I am so hoping that my children will also love to read. I have been reading to Thomas since he was a baby and since he's been in school I've read with him and encouraged him to read on his own. But, it wasn't until Brandon Mull came to CTA Liberty that Thomas really began to get into books. He really enjoys the Fablehaven series. He hasn't read Candy Shop War yet, but I am sure he'll enjoy that book also. I strongly believe that whatever Brandon Mull said to those kids that day affected Thomas. I am grateful that this author took the time to visit these children and encourage them to read. I am very grateful to attend a school that makes time for special events like this. Anyway....okay I'll get off my "reading is so important" soapbox now and let you all have some time to go find a good book!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...