Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thomas' Eagle Project

Thomas has been working super hard toward becoming an Eagle Scout. He has loved scouting since he was in Cub Scouts. I am grateful that he enjoys it so much because it means that I haven't had to push him or fight with him to get stuff done.

I also think he is earning his Eagle Scout rank at just the right time, because now his interest in scouting is being replaced by other things.....like school and wrestling and friends and girls..... 

Yikes!

Anyway, he chose an animal shelter as the recipient of his service project. 


This is Dee, the director of the shelter.


Here are a couple of "before" pics. 

The trees needed trimming. And some rock needed to be spread under the trees.


This old bench needed to be replaced. It was being held up with ribbon tied to the tree. 


A kinda "overall" pic. 


The lattice around the pool pump was old and falling apart, so we needed to redo that as well. 


Thomas worked super hard on all of his prep work. You know, getting donations on behalf of the shelter and organizing crews and assigning them a task.

I was happy for him to see how many people came to support him. We have such a good ward. 



And I love that even the little kids help out! 















And here are the "after" pics. When the yard is all mowed, and trimmed and new rocks spread all around.





And here is the group that came out and supported these boys. Again - I love our ward and our family and friends for being so willing to come and help him out.


My dad was so excited. He's very proud to have an Eagle Scout in the family.


One of Thomas' leaders.....


It was a good day. Lots of hard work, but it was easy with all of the help we had. 

I am so proud of this kid. 

Now if he can just settle down enough to finish his paper work!

It never ends does it?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...