Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vacay!!!

For a while now I've been kinda down. I just felt unsettled and kinda lost. Like I didn't belong anywhere. I don't know what caused it - I just know I was struggling with that lost feeling. It was probably a lot of things. Jared's mom passing away and then losing Tom two weeks later. Plus, just the everyday pressures of being a wife and a mom, running a home and working two jobs. 

Please don't think I'm complaining....I know that I have been blessed with a very good life and I usually am a pretty positive person. But I was just down in the dumps.

Well, Jared's company sent he and I on a trip at the end of May. For the most part it was some nice parties and dinners. Jared only had to go to one meeting and the rest of the time we got to hang out together.

It turns out, that is exactly what I needed. Just some time alone with my sweetie.

We didn't do anything spectacular. We had no plans and moved slow and hung out and talked and talked.

I loved it.

And now that we are back.....still almost two weeks later....I still feel so relaxed and chill.

I am thankful that I had this fun weekend with Jared. Sometimes we get so busy we forget to make time for each other. But this trip was a good reminder that we need to set time aside. It should be easier right? Our boys are old enough to stay home alone, so we don't need to hire a babysitter. We should just get up and go. 

I think it is just adjusting to this phase of our lives. We were in young kid mode for so long. 

But, now I am looking forward to being able to just hang out with my hubby. He has always been one of my best friends and I am grateful that we still are.


Sitting in the Airport, waiting for our flight.

So, the big draw to this trip is that is was a celebrity golf tournament and the celebrities were all going to be at the parties and dinners.

This is Javier Colon. He was the winner of The Voice. I don't watch any of those shows, but I had bought some of his singles because he has an amazing talent.

What was funny is when I was talking with him I thanked him for sharing his talent with us. He looked at me kinda funny and he said that no one has ever said that to him before. He was a really nice man. Some of the other celebrities were kinda snobby. So I stayed away from them.


Then we just walked around downtown and toured the town.



The next day we had a spa day. Jared got a massage and I got a facial. Then we walked around and went to lunch at a restaurant overlooking a park. This park was beautiful! I didn't realize South Carolina was so green. We spent a lot of time walking around the park and sitting there and just relaxing. It was huge and there was a zoo there also. It was one of my favorite places.




Can you see the cardinal? I've never seen one in nature before.


So the last night at the dinner, all of the celebrities were walking around again. Jared kept cracking me up with his commentary about them. The we saw John Locke. Which, I should probably look up his real name, but oh well. I loved the show LOST so I told Jared that he was the only one I wanted to meet. He was also very nice. 

Although Jared ruined it for me and told me that they are all paid to be there and be nice. Hahaha....I prefer my dream world to Jared's reality. 


After the dinner there was a concert in the park. We relaxed and listened to the music. Then we walked around downtown again and went and got some ice cream. 

Perfect day!

I love clouds. So I took lots of pics from the plane, because I knew once we got back to AZ, there aren't very many clouds in the sky. 


So that was our weekend. Like I said, nothing big. But just some perfect everyday moments with my love. It turns out you can do the most ordinary things and if you are with someone you love - those ordinary things equal the best vacay ever.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...