Although I've never seen the movies, I know they are about some guys that take their friend out for his bachelor party.
Well, this past weekend Annell and I were able to host a bridal shower for one of our friends.
Just a little background - I was actually friends with Lisa's fiancé, John first. But as they began dating he introduced her to our group and all the girls hit it off with her right away. We knew she'd fit in with us just fine.
This is the first marriage for both John and Lisa and all of us are very excited for them.
We had a great time just visiting and eating and helping her get ready for her big day.
Usually Jared helps me with the set up for our parties, but he was out of town so I had to do it all on my own. For most of the set-up it wouldn't be a problem. But, I don't love heights so hanging the pom-poms and lanterns was a little nerve wracking for me. Plus, it was 11:30 at night and I kept having visions of me falling off the ladder and cracking my head open. And since my husband and sons were out of town, I knew no one would find me until the next morning. But, I got them hung, not very high, but they were up.
Last time I did a party, Jonae came over and totally gave me a lesson on how to stage everything. This was my chance to fly on my own....so I copied almost everything that Jonae had taught me last time.
It made it so easy!
I am grateful for talented friends who show me how things should be done and don't mind that I copy them. I am also grateful for how many people lent me decorations and different things or made food. These parties truly are a joint effort.
The cake - our friend made this - she's only made a couple of cakes with fondant and I think she did an amazing job!
I kinda formed some ideas on pinterest and came up with these banners. There are a bunch of pictures of John and Lisa and some little bras and underwear in between.
I love this Mr. & Mrs. Hartman sign. I'm thinking I need one!
She got some cute things!
And then we waited until everyone left and we gave her our gift. We called it the Tub of Love.
Hopefully we didn't scare her too bad. It was great fun to shower our friend with some love and attention and help her get ready for married life.
And now I can rest because I have no parties planned for the near future!
Congratulations my friends!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment