Tuesday, May 8, 2012

An Update on......Me!

I usually just post updates about the kids and what they are doing. They lead really exciting lives and I am usually in the background supporting them. But, Jared and I are having several things going on that are keeping us busy.

First of all, Jared is busy in Young Men's. He has been serving in YM's for the past ten years, but he still loves it and wouldn't trade his calling for anything. He also does side jobs and work at Harkins Theaters twice a week. This is all in an effort to pay off our house in 5 years. He amazes me because besides his busy calling and working two jobs, he still finds time to help the boys with wrestling and taking them camping and working around our home making it beautiful AND making sure we get to spend time together. He is so committed to his goals and I don't know how he does everything. I'm pretty sure he's cloned himself and just hasn't let me know yet.

I've been keeping busy around our home and working. I started working at Barnes & Noble almost three years ago. Last summer, Thomas & Nate came to Jared and I and told us they wanted me home more. They felt that I was working too much and I'm proud of my boys for feeling that they could come and tell us exactly how they were feeling. So, I switched to a seasonal shift, where basically I am a back-up if someone calls out or they need extra help. I've been working a day a week or so. But, things got kinda tight so B&N started cutting hours which really cut my hours down.

So, in order to help reach our goal of paying off our home so we can be debt free, I've recently been hired by CUSD as a substitute teacher. I love it so far. I've had pretty good experiences and the pay is decent. I am still available to work at B&N, but I can supplement that with subbing when I'm not needed at the bookstore. Needless to say working outside the home has kept me pretty busy. I am also serving in Young Womens and have to be there for my boys and all of their activities. As a result my house may not be as clean as usual, and we may eat cereal for dinner a little more often, but I wouldn't trade this time for anything. I really feel as if our family is working together so easily.

I know it is not always like this, life is full of ups and downs. Right now, we are on an upswing and I'm going to soak it up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...