When we were in high school, Jared and his buddies would practically live at the lake. In the summertime, they were there every morning at 4am so they could get in a couple of hours before work. And then they went again after work. During the school year, they would often be late, or take an early afternoon, or ditch school entirely to go hang out at the lake.
Well, we've passed on this tradition to our boys. They love going to the lake. So today, we ditched school & work and spent a beautiful day at the lake.
Some of our very best friends went with us and we had a blast. I can't wait until we go again.
***A Million Pictures Ahead***
This is one of my favorite pictures....the sheer joy on their faces makes me happy.
It is hard work riding in that tube!
He was happy to stay on the shore and stick his toes in the water. Nothing more.
The kids playing pirates during lunch break
Ethan trying to cool off....it was hot out there!
So, when I was 16, Jared would take me to the lake with them. I never boarded, I just watched the boys. They were all really good and could do all sorts of tricks. When Jared got home from his mission, we were at the lake as much as possible and Jared decided it was time for me to learn how to wake board. He gave me a few quick pointers and then threw me out into the lake. I just couldn't get up.
Now, Jared knows me pretty well. I like to be girly and dress pretty and wear make-up and watch chick-flicks. But, I don't like to be weak....you know....like a girl. I'm not a tom-boy, but I guess my competitive spirit comes out and I want to show everyone that I can do anything! So, after about 20 minutes of me failing to get up on the wake board, Jared shouted out to me...."Wow. I didn't know you were such a girl." Well, that was all it took. The very next time I got up and I never had a problem after that.
Fast forward 13 years. The last time I wake boarded I was 23. I am now 36. I didn't think I could remember how to do it. The first two times, I crashed and burned. The as the boat came around, I hear Jared yell out..."Quit being a girl!" Guess what.....I got up. I had a great time and I remember how much I loved to wake board.
I love to watch Jared out there. He is so good. I really think that after his mission....all that time spent on the lake.....that is when I really started to fall in love with him....
Reagan's battle wound.
We had a great day with our friends. I'm sure we'll be out again during this summer break. ♥



1 comment:
Those were good times at the lake so many years ago. Glad you guys are still doing it and keeping the tradition alive!
Post a Comment