But. I digress.
Back to Thomas.
He is definately searching for something. I have one rule when it comes to sports. They need to be active. I don't care what they choose to do they just need to get out of the house and engage is SOME sort of physical activity.
Well, Thomas has tried a bunch of different sports. He's done karate, baseball, basketball, wrestling, and now we are on to football.
Now, I never thought of myself as a wimpy person, but I really don't think there is any reason why my child should go around knocking other kids to the ground or getting knocked down himself. I don't care how much equipment they are wearing. I mean I've seen the hits those guys take. Yikes! He's only 11! There is time enough for that later.
Like when he gets to Junior High. Yeah. Go knock those punks down. They actually need it.
So....back to football.
When Thomas decided that he wanted to try football, I took the easy way out and found him a nice easy flag football team. I figure it will allow him to learn the rules of football in a safe manner. Well so far he is loving it. He loves defense. He plays Cornerback. He's actually picked it up pretty quickly and is good. {Just the humble opinion of his mother}.
His second game in he was already intercepting the ball. He's gotten pretty good at reading the passes. He's gotten beat a couple of times but, he learned real quick to cover his man or his zone, whichever defense they are playing, and not stray.
So, I guess I need to be prepared if this is his sport of choice. I mean I eventually learned to like wrestling and that is a dangerous sport if I've ever seen one!
If there is one thing I've learned while studying my oldest child it is this......
I have no clue what he is going to do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment