When we moved into our house in April of 2004, I knew the one thing I had to do was paint. There were too many wild and crazy colors.
The Living room & Stairway were bright orangy-peach, the Kitchen & Hallway were mint green and the T.V. room was lavendar.
It kinda made your eyes bleed.
So, the Living Room & Hallway became a nice tan color, The Stairway was painted a cream color. The T.V. room is a soft yellow.
But. I had a hard time deciding what to paint the kitchen. I wanted a big contrast and something kinda bold and different. My favorite color is green and so I played around with a few different shades of green. One of them was a really dark forest green.
Jared came home from work that night and saw the slash of forest green on the wall. He looked at me and said. "NO. You are NOT painting anything in this house that color."
Well in my mind, I heard a challenge.
And so I answered that challenge by painting the kitchen the very next day.
FOREST GREEN.
And it stayed Forest Green for years and years because I really had to prove my point to him. I think we all realize that Jared learned a valuable lesson from this experience.
But, I finally relented and decided to stop his suffering. And to be honest, mine too. I began hating that green kitchen about 6 months into it. But I had a point to prove! Never back down, that is the first rule in discipline, and I really needed Jared to learn something here.
So, while Jared was away at scout camp with Thomas, I had the kitchen repainted.
I must say, this is SOOOO much better!
But, the good news is, Jared rarely battles me on paint colors anymore.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment