And then there is Chase.
I really think Chase is 35 stuck in a 18 year old body. He has fit in with Jared and some of the other leaders so well. There have been times when I've come home to find the leaders watching a game and there is Chase just as comfortable as can be hanging out with these men that are 16 years older than him.
Because Chase and Jared have this friendship, our families have been in each other's homes quite often. I've gotten to know Chase better than most of the young men because of this. He is someone that my boys really look up too. And I'm fine with that because Chase is an awesome kid.
Well, Chase is now graduated and will be leaving on his mission in about a month. I know Jared is so proud of him, but I can also see that he is a little sad. Chase and Jared really are kindred spirits and I have no doubt that when he returns home from his mission in two years, that they will continue to be part of each other's lives.
Chase & Jared when they were still the same size and they both had hair.
Jared & Chase - six years later, a little older, wiser, taller (well Chase is) and still great friends.


2 comments:
how cute!
really nice post. can't believe Jared has been in for 8 yrs. I wish I had a relationship like that too. Linda? Will you be right there with your arm around me when I graduate? ;) I already know the answer! :)
Post a Comment