On Wednesday I got a call from the school saying I had to pick up Nathan because he had just thrown up. When I got there he was sitting in the Nurse's office happy as can be. The nurse figured that he just ate something that disagreed with him and he was okay, but school policy said that I had to take him home after he threw up. So we came home. Nathan was jumping around, playing outside, playing the Wii.... everything was great. Then Jared called and asked me to go pick up some stuff at the Apple store for one of his clients.
So Nate and I jumped into the car and headed over to the Apple store. We get there and I tell the man what I am looking for. As we are walking away to look at the merchandise, the little greeter girl calls out..."Uhm...Ma'am?" I turn around and realize Nathan is not with me. He is laying down on the floor right next to the front door. I scold him and tell him to get up and come on. He stands up and looks at me and then pukes. I run over and grab him like a football. I ask the sales clerk for a bathroom. He runs to the back to open the door for me and I follow. Nathan meanwhile, is leaving a nice little trail all down the center aisle of the store....you know, just incase anyone wanted to follow us.
Luckily, he hadn't had anything to eat so it was just water, but still gross. He finishes puking and I help him clean up. We go out and finish our business and Nathan got an extra Apple "puke" bag for the trip home.
I felt so bad for him, but I couldn't help laughing too. Okay, so just a side note, I will not be visiting the Apple store at the San Tan Mall anytime soon. Although they were very nice and didn't act at all bothered by a store full of puke.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i hope this doesn't sound insensitive, but i find things like that so funny. even when it's me in the middle of it. i can't help but just laugh when it's all over. it's the only to stay sane when you have kids.
who says i don't cry all the time? just kidding, i rarely cry. and yes a sense of humor is a must!!!!!!!
I won't look at the center aisle of the apple store the same way again! ;) Poor kid, I have total empathy...
I think random puking is crazy. My Nathan was feeling FINE before church a few months ago then looks up at me during sacrament meeting and tells me he doesn't feel well. We quickly get up to leave but he pukes right there in front of the pew. It was crazy random and a bit funny. Made for a memorable story. I understand the not wanting to go back to the Apple store, I didn't have the same option though, church is kind of a must.
Poor Nathan, but mostly poor Linda!
Post a Comment