Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Clarence Bigelow

This post is a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Jared wanted me to put something on here to let everyone know what has been going on.

Clarence, Jared's dad, has alzheimers and has suffered for quite a few years from it. He passed away this morning and is finally at peace.

While we will miss that little man, I am glad that his suffering is over. We are fortunate that we have great memories of him. He was a good husband, father and grandfather. He LOVED his children and grandchildren more than anything. He always wanted to take care of everyone. He loved to be silly and make us laugh. He was a peacemaker, but he would stand up for what he believed.

I am glad to have known Clarence and am proud to have had him as my father-in-law.

It makes me smile to know of the havoc he is causing up in heaven.
Clarence and Tyler @ his HS graduation


Clarence with us at Disney World

11 comments:

Ginger said...

Our prayers are with you during this difficult time. We love you.

Stephanie :) said...

I'm so sorry to hear this....I know you have mixed emotions. It's hard to let someone you know go, but when they have suffered, it's almost a relief. But not without feeling guilty. Our prayers are with you and your family. Let me know what I can do to help you...
XOXO
Stephanie and Darrell

Annell said...

He was one of the kindest men I've known. I love that smile!

Mandy said...

I'm sorry for your guys' loss. He was a funny man! Not easy, but yes, he is at peace. Love and Prayers your way

Cherai said...

I am so sorry to hear that. He is such a character. I am sure he is making many laugh right now. Please give Jared and Bobbi my condolences.

Lucinda said...

He is back to his normal fun loving self... I wish I could be a fly on the wall in heaven right now! I will miss him, I just hope no one brings up Janet Napalitano in heaven...I can just image the comments he would make ;-)

Give Jared and Mom a love for me! I will be praying for him on Monday! Make laugh Jared!

Lucinda said...

Make them laugh Jared.... its late please forgive me!

Lee Anne said...

I just heard about Jared's dad today. I am sorry for your family's loss. It is hard even though we know they are better off. Thanks goodness for the time we have with our loved ones and the memories they leave behind that we get to cherish. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Michelle Connolly said...

We're sending our best thoughts your way.

Aunt Spicy said...

Best thoughts and prayers headed your way! So glad that you have happy memories for him!

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on blogs so I just read this. I'm so sorry to both of you. It is so hard to see our loved ones go, especially a parent but to know they aren't suffering is such a relief. To know that we will see them a again is so wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...