Cisco was the kind of person that was friends with EVERYONE. He really was. He loved to travel and everywhere he went he made a friend. Don't get me wrong....he wasn't a saint, in fact we fought a lot because he could annoy me like no one else. But....despite all that, he never ever ended a conversation or a visit without a hug and telling me that he loved me.
Cisco died in January of 2004. To this day we still don't know why. All we know is that he was complaining about not feeling good and when he got up in the middle of the night, he collapsed. If I have learned anything from this experience it has been to treasure our time here on earth. We never know when we will lose a loved one. I hope I have been able to live my life a little better because of this experience. I try to enjoy all the moments I have with people I love. I try to be a little nicer to everyone in general.
Cisco's funeral was very well attended. People seriously came from all over the world to be there for his family and to say good-bye. It really made me look at how I treated my loved ones. I felt that I had taken Cisco for granted because he was a member of my family. I hope that I never do that ever again.
I apologize for the somber post, but Cisco has been on my mind heavily all week. I know that one day I will see him again. I know that I can still see his influence on our family, that even in his absence he is still very much a part of every family get together. When my boys do something especially sneaky or silly I figure they are channeling him. So even though he is gone physically, he's not really gone at all.
4 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!!!
It is so comforting to know that we we be with our families again.
That was very sweet. We all have days like that, I still dream about the 2 friends that I lost in HS. It's the same dream over and over, and I know it means something. Thanx for sharing.
I remember Cisco. He was such a fun person. I am sorry about that. I remember the pain you were in when you lost him. The great plan our Father in Heaven has for us is such a blessing and a comfort to me. As far as you being nice, you are one of the nicest people I know.
Post a Comment