Monday, January 21, 2008

I DID IT!!!!!


Patricia & I before the race.....


On Sunday, January 13th, I ran the PF Chang's Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon. IT WAS SO AWESOME! 13.1 miles...Crazy! I didn't run the whole thing, I walked/jogged.....BUT I did meet my two goals. Number one was....finish the race and I did. The second goal was to beat my predicted finish time of 3:30 and I finished in 3:20!!! I had so much fun! It was hard work though. I have played sports and been active the majority of my life and I don't think that I have ever worked so hard! Which brings me to my next thought.....the recovery was rough! Everyone warned me...but my legs were done and I could hardly walk for the next two day. Still, I loved it and I am looking forward to next year. I think I have found a new hobby!


Me running by Christian on mile 12!


Patricia and I after the race with our medals!!!

3 comments:

Annell said...

You are my HERO!!!

Mindful Mothering said...

You go girl! My sis-in-law did the 1/2 marathon too and she said it almost killed her - she could barely walk afterward! I haven't been brave enough to try it yet, but some day :-)

Mandy said...

Hey Linda I was blog hopping and found you guys. What a cute little family you have. We should keep in touch. My blog is
mdavis29.blogspot.com. This blog stuff is so fun I swore I would never do it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...