My favorite holiday......the 4th of July!!!
This year I was able to experience the parade from a different perspective. Since it was my 20th high school reunion, (I know....I was just as shocked!), I was in the parade!
When I mentioned to some of my friends here that graduating classes who are celebrating reunions get to ride in the parade several of them mentioned that this was odd. I grew up with this tradition and I've looked forward to my turn since I was a little girl. But, I reasoned that maybe in our tiny town, graduating high school is such a big deal that we celebrate the heck out of it.
Anyway.....My reunion will be its own post....
See....another class float....the class of 1974.
It was fun seeing the crowds from the float. I never realized how many people come out to watch the parade, because I only see the people in the area where I am sitting.
Speaking of my area....here is my super cute family. Dang Jared sat far away from the street because he knew I was going to try and get him with a water balloon or a water gun.
Here is my most favorite family on the planet....The Browns. They seriously are the best.
And Danny was ready for the water as well with his umbrella.
Later that night after our BBQ and crawdad fishing, we had our own firework show.
Starting fires makes my husband so happy. I should probably worry about this, but if he goes to jail, he'll at least have gone for something that cheered him up.
Here is the actualy firework show put on by the town.
There is nothing better than sitting on the front lawn on a blanket, eating watermelon and watching the fireworks.
The next day we had our big crawdad fry.
And we get kinda silly.
Tyson, trying to catch him a wife....
And of course we have a concert....
And we top it off with the best sunsets around.
I'll never get tired of it....
Happy 4th of July!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment