Sunday, May 4, 2014

I'm Almost In The Clear

Well, my time as a scouting mother is coming to an end.

I can actually see a bigger light at the end of this tunnel.

Now, I don't really love scouting. I can see it's value and it has been a good thing for my boys, but I am going to be so glad when they are all done.

And guess what....

I'm halfway there.

Thomas is now an Eagle Scout!

Hooray!

He is so happy. I can honestly say that this is something that he worked hard on and did mostly on his own. Yes, I had to help out and drive him places and help with paperwork, but I never once had to push him. He was so self-motivated to acheive this goal and for that I am super proud of him.

We held his Court of Honor and it went pretty well.

I was grateful for all who showed up and supported him. I know he felt super loved.

He was so funny when he gave out his mentor pins.

He had a hard time choosing and then our Stake Eagle Specialist told him he could give out as many pins and he wanted.

So he chose - His Tata, Reagan, and two of his scout leaders.

I loved the reasons he gave for choosing those individuals. It was pretty cool to see how he views others and how he appreciates their help and guidance.

And now it is on to bigger and better things and taking this experience and letting it help him with being a leader and making good choices.

Oh! And I'm thankful for Maurielle because she was my photographer and she did a great job.

It was a nice evening and we partied down with our family afterwards.

I love this kid and am super proud of him.

Now we just need Nathan to finish up and then......

I'm DONE!!!!

(with scouting)



















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...