About 10:30pm on April Fool's Day, I got the following text from my mom.
After I determined that she wasn't trying to play a really bad April Fool's joke, we FaceTimed each other and she was able to show me what had happened.
Apparently she was sitting in the living room watching TV and my dad was already asleep when they heard a loud bang.
She said it sounded like bombs were hitting their house.
Once it was quiet, they went out back and saw this....
The lady was sitting in her car and then their neighbor jumped over the fence into their yard to help them out.
My dad was kinda disoriented, of course, so he was thinking...."what is going on?"
Well, the neighbor also heard the boom and jumped the fence to make sure my parents were all right.
They are fine but those brick flew all the way across their yard and hit their house. Luckily it only created a small "dent" in the stucco and it didn't damage the sliding glass door at all.
It was a crazy night and for the first time I worried about my parents getting old and not being close to me.
But, I am grateful for their good neighbors who made sure everything was okay.
I am thankful for the police who got there quickly and took care of everything.
Mostly, I'm thankful that even though crazy things happen, there is always evidence that Heavenly Father is watching out for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment