Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Don't You Know That It's Worth Every Treasure On Earth To Be Young At Heart

Whew! That is one long title! But I couldn't pick just one line from that song for this post. 

So you've all heard me talk before about Tom Porter. He recently moved here from Utah to be closer to us. We've been having a blast with him. I love to see the boys with him. They are totally learning about unconditional love and giving service. 

Taking care of an elderly person isn't always easy, (and I'm not even really doing anything!), but it is SOOOO worth it. We love Tom. 

I love how happy and easy going he is. He doesn't act his age at all and sometimes I wish we knew him when he was young. He was such a character.

Well, Tom recently had a birthday. He is now 85 years old. He said he is going to live to be 105. (Which is what made me think of that song!)

We took him out for his birthday. He got mad at me because I had the restaurant bring him a dessert with a candle in it. He wouldn't let them sing to him because he is a butt. 

We had a great time. Tom is so good for us and helps us to see things in a different way. I really do hope we have 20 more years with him!

Happy Birthday Tom!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...