Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome Home!


The Bigelow family the grandkid count is split right down the middle with 8 boys and 8 girls in the family.  Tyler, Lori's son is the oldest boy on the Bigelow side. He has been gone for two years serving a mission in West Virginia.

He came home on August 23rd and we were all so excited. You can totally tell that he is the oldest in the family because everyone came to support him. I was super excited too. This was the first time I got to be a part of something like this. 

Just as a side note.....Everyone's posters reads "Welcome Home Tyler or Elder" ......all except Thomas. His poster reads..."Ok Tyler. Time to get a job, wife, dog and a kid. Your mama wants grandkids." 
I don't know what I'm going to do with that kid.



So the plane was delayed about an hour. We kept getting up and checking the board to see if it had arrived yet. As you can guess.....the waiting was killing Lori. Then we heard a rumor that the plane had landed so we  all crowded around and started the search for Tyler.



Lori kept yelling at me to stop following her with the camera. But I couldn't help it. I really wanted to get her reaction. And I'm glad I ignored her because her face was priceless.

Here she is looking down the aisle trying to see if he's walking out yet.



Then one of the boys said they saw him and she freaked....



Then the crowd cleared and we saw him....



She was so happy! She tried to be polite and wait because another missionary was on the plane and he came out first....



But then she pushed everyone out of the way and ran to her boy.



I loved it. It was such a special moment. (I get a little teary eyed myself just reliving it...)

What was funny is that Tyler saw the crowd and didn't recognize any of us. He thought we were with the other missionary. He figured that because it was a Thursday afternoon and everyone had work and school that just his dad was going to pick him up. So he saw his dad first and went to hug him. We have Quentin on camera saying..."No! Your mom first. I don't want her to kill me."



Tyler and Colten. Colten leaves for his mission in four weeks. He will be serving in Florida.








It was such a fun day. We hugged and chatted a little at the airport and then went to the Heiner's for dinner and just spent a great day with our family. 

We love you Heiners!!!

1 comment:

jake and jenni said...

I just cried tears.
I don't know why I get so dang emotional about missionaries coming home.
{maybe I relive my brothers coming home?}
{or imagine my boys coming home?}
I definitely have a soft spot for it though.
Thanks for the play by play in pictures.
PRICELESS!
and Thomas' sign.... hilarious!
You need to make an identical one for when he comes home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...