Monday, January 30, 2012

I Got A Feeling....That Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night.....

This past weekend was the Arizona State Folkstyle Wrestling Tournament. Both boys went. They were pretty nervous. This is their second year of wrestling and last year they did okay at the tournament, but this year they felt like they knew what to expect better. 

Nate had a really tough bracket and within his pool any of those six boys could have won state. Nathan worked hard but it just wasn't his day. These pics of his last match show how tough it was. At this point he had won two matches & lost one. If he won this one he would have wrestled for 3rd or 4th place. He lost by two points in DOUBLE OVERTIME. He was exhausted and I felt so bad for him. He never gave up though and I am proud of him. He ended up placing 6th.



Next up was Thomas. He was on fire. He won his first three matches really quickly and pinned all three kids. Then he had a by, and then he was wrestling in the championship match. It was a rough match and it went back and forth as far as points went. 

He ALMOST had the kid pinned and then time ran out. Thomas thought he'd lost by two points and so when the ref raised his hand he was so shocked. He looked over to the scorer's table and saw that he'd won by ONE POINT! He was so excited, I wish I had gotten a picture of his face. He ran and hugged Jared & shouted, "I'm going to Disneyland!"


Getting his trophy...


He also got a free shirt. He wore it all day Saturday, he slept in it and he wore it under his church shirt on Sunday. Then he wore it all Sunday afternoon. I had to hide it from him so he didn't wear it to school under his uniform!
I love these boys and I am so proud of how hard they work.
I guess we're going to Disneyland!

   

1 comment:

Stephanie :) said...

Congrats to both boys...just competing is an accomplishment! And good luck living with a winner! It cracked my up that Thomas wore his shirt to church! Boys are crazy like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...