My little man is so busy and he loves it. This past month he worked super hard to get his bear badge for the Blue & Gold Banquet. He was successful and not only earned his bear badge, but he earned his Faith In God knot also! Nathan is such a go-getter.
At the Blue & Gold, Nathan and Jared participated in a "Feller's Cake Bake". That's right....no female help what-so-ever. The theme was nature and I thought they made a pretty good cake.
Unfortunately, when it was time to wrestle the bear, I didn't get any pictures because it was done outside and it was pitch black! It was hard to see anything. But, he wrestled the bear and got his well deserved badge.
The other scouting event that Nathan participated in was the Pinewood Derby. Now I am not a fan of the Pinewood Derby at all. Too many jerk dads have ruined it for me. But, Nathan and Jared had a great time building his car and racing it. He came in 7th, so about the middle of the pack, but he learned really quickly that the fun is in the preparation and sharing the day with your buddies. He was also happy that he didn't come in last. It's the little things.
Congratulations Nathan on all of your achievements! You're doing a great job and I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment