Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Raindrops on Roses....

So here are a few of my favorite things...Christmas edition.

I love to decorate our Christmas tree. It is a very soothing thing for me to do. I used to be very grinchy about this tradition. I wanted to decorate the tree all by myself. So much so that I went to the dollar store and bought the boys their own tree to decorate so that they would leave me in peace.

Because that's what Christmas is all about right? Peace on Earth and all that?

Anyway...

Eventually my kids got old enough to have an opinion and they felt that we should all be allowed to decorate the tree. They wanted it to be a family tradition.

So eventually I had to let go. I may or may not have a few control issues so this was a pretty big thing for me. Now we all decorate the tree together. And you know what? It still turns out beautiful and I still feel somewhat peaceful while we're spending time together as a family.


Of course, boys will be boys so they do get distracted after a while. And of course we have to pose for gross booger pictures because it wouldn't be a Bigelow Christmas if we didn't.


But eventually we get back on track and we are finally ready for the star...

Besides decorating the Christmas tree....these ornaments are my favorite. They are called Oregon Raindrops.        I ♥ them.

My Willow Tree Nativity is another one of my favorite things...

I guess the moral of the story is that my kids are helping me to become a better person. They may force me to share, but it is getting closer to becoming second nature for me. I've learned that Christmas is not all about me. And I've learned that even when the boys are so close to breaking my very favorite ornaments, there is still peace in our home and joy in my heart.

1 comment:

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

At least you had something noteworthy to blog about.

I have that same star on my tree.

Love the tear drops... at least when they are on the tree. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...