In our ward, the boy scouts earn money for scout camp by selling a flag service. On all Patriotic holidays the 11-13 year old scouts take turns coming around to place a flag in everyone's yard who has ordered one. On Veteran's day it was Thomas' turn. I sometimes freak out when I realize how quickly he is growing up. It seems like only last week that he was 4 and watching the older scouts come and put a flag in our yard.
He had to get up bright and early to finish his route before I went to work. So we were out there at 5a.m. He worked so hard and was so proud of himself. I was proud too. I may have teared up just a little. He may have gotten disgusted with me just a little. But hey....my little man is getting older and the day when he leaves our home is getting closer.
I think I have every right to get a little weepy now and then.


No comments:
Post a Comment