Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Famous Arizonans, Rockets & Beehives. Oh My!

Alrighty Then....

I am up to April! Hooray! Huge light at the end of the tunnel!

Fourth grade at the boy's school is known for the Famous Arizonan Report. It is a big one. It takes over two quarters of the school year along with all of their work.

Thomas chose to do his report on Pat Tillman. I was able to help a lot, reading the materials with him and editing all the different parts of his report. We both had an admiration for Pat Tillman before, but now. Well, we almost feel like he's a part of our family.

In April, the kids memorized their written report and then dressed up like their famous Arizonan. Thomas did an amazing job. It was a wax museum setting so each person came alive to tell their story. It was really fun to watch.


A couple of days later we had our rocket race. The boys had fun building their rockets with Jared. I had to laugh at how much he made them sand those suckers. They were super thin.


Thomas' rocket during a race...

All of the boys in our cub scout den. 

I think all of the boys had a great time.


One more fun thing that has happened in my life is that I was recently called to serve in Young Womens. Let me tell you, this has been such a stressful thing for me. I've only ever served in Primary, (except for a very brief stint in Relief Society....but we're not going to talk about that.), so I was really worried about being in Young Womens. However, these girls really are sweet. So far nothing super scary has happened.

Towards the last week of April, the Beehives asked me to take them to the Temple to take cute pictures of them for their moms for mother's day gifts. We had a good time. These girls were so goofy but good-natured and did everything I asked of them.


So, those are the highlights of my April.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...