Monday, June 14, 2010

Friends - Part II

A little over a year ago, I wrote this post about old friends. I was talking about one friend, but the picture I posted had two friends in it. These two girls are quite possibly my oldest friends. I have so many memories with the two of them. I think there is only one other friend who I've known longer.

Sadly, I lost touch with our friend Amy. But, I soon realized, that everyone lost touch with Amy. No one could find her and no one knew where she was. At our ten year reunion Becky and I were asked repeatedly if we knew where Amy was. Neither of us did.

Every so often, I would look for Amy. But I never found her. I would have lunch with Becky about twice a year and she confided that she had also been looking for Amy and had yet to find her. We were stuck.

Well, with the miracle that is Facebook, I am happy to announce that we have found our friend. Becky and I were so excited! We were able to meet for lunch on Saturday and had a GREAT time. We sat and talked and reminisced and laughed. I haven't laughed like that in a long long time.

It was a great time and we left promising to get together regularly.

I am once again, grateful for friends both old and new and the joy they bring to our lives.

1994


2010

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I love getting together with old friends. I hope you are able to keep in touch like you want.

jake and jenni said...

awesomeness! It's like a real mystery...solved. love it.

ps. cutest new blog design. WOOWOO!

Michelle Connolly said...

Hey, does/did Amy work at Home Depot on Power and McKellips?

Michelle Connolly said...

Ok, I thought it was Amy. We used to see her there all the time (even though she didn't know me.) Anyway, fun for you guys to get together again!!

Mandy said...

How funny! That pic seems like yesterday huh! I havent seen those girls since then. How fun, cute update!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...