Well, not a huge road trip....we just went to Tucson for the day. Our goal was to take engagement pictures for Patricia and Branden. But, because I am so cool and I locked my keys in the car (and it took us about an hour to get the car unlocked) AND Branden got called into work, we actually just had a fun day with Pepi.
We started out at the zoo....
FUN FACT!!!
Branden used to work at the zoo and became what we endearingly call the "Elephant Whisperer". That is Shabba in the background, sticking her head in Branden & Pepi's picture.
Thomas and Nathan acting like little monkeys...
See what I hatched? ;)
Then, Branden had to take off. So we finished walking around the zoo. When we got in the car, Nathan asked if we could go on a hike. Patricia and I just looked at each other, because to do a proper hike we'd want to go out to the Catalina Mountians. But they are kinda far and the trails are long and it was already 4:00pm. But Nathan was determined to go hiking. So, where can you go for a hike in the middle of Tucson?
"A" Mountain of course!
They don't know it's not a "real" mountain. So they had fun on our impromptu hike.
When we left "A" mountain, we found this little park called the Garden of Gethsemane. It is just a small little courtyard that has some sculptures. The story goes that during WWI, a soldier lay dying in the battlefields. He made a promise to God that if his life was spared he would devote his life to teaching people about God. The man survived and ended up traveling around the U.S. creating religious themed scupltures. He came to Tucson in 1938. He was homeless and lived in the canals, but He sculpted these figures while he lived here. There is a life-size "Last Supper", a Crucifixion, & Jesus in the tomb.
I saw Thomas just gazing up at this sculpture. I wished I had a better zoom lense. I didn't want to get any closer because I didn't want to ruin the mood. Thomas was so still and quiet and just stared up at this statue. I wonder what he was thinking about. But, I decided, we all should have the luxury of a private moment with our Savior.
After we left the park, we went to see Branden at work. Did I mention he works at Texas Roadhouse???
So, guess where we had dinner....
All in all we had a fun day.
Thanks Pepi & Branden for letting us hang out with you!
2 comments:
We had an AWESOME day with you guys! I love the pictures! Evidence of a great day! Also, you take such great pictures capturing such endearing moments. components of a fantastic photographer! Thank you so much for coming down! I never had so much fun breaking into a car! ;) (your car that is-don't want to incriminate myself eek!) I love you Linda! P.S. I am sure that Branden will love to know that you called him the Elephant Whisperer..a title that he loves. :D
Looks like a fun day :)
Post a Comment