As someone who was not raised in the Mormon church I find the language quite confusing. The lingo is quite extensive, {I think dictionaries should be handed out during the first discussion} and don't get me started on all the acronyms!
But, I have recently discovered that even if you are raised in the church, you can get confused by "mormon speak".
I was working on some Primary stuff when Nathan walked into the office and said..."Hey Mom. When are we going to the bonfire?"
I gave him a puzzled look. "What bonfire?"
You know, the bonfire where we learn about being baptized!"
"Oh! You mean the baptism fireside?"
"Yeah. That."
This church sure does keep you on your toes.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahaha!! i love it!
Submit the bonfire to Salt Lake...it might go over well...and it sounds fun too!
Mormon speak is weird, you are correct.
Post a Comment