Friday, September 4, 2009

Reason # 964: Why I Love My Neighborhood

This morning I was talking with Jerry, my neighbor across the street.

J: Where were you yesterday? I really needed you.

L: I was at work. What happened?

J: Well....(he proceeds to roll up his shirt sleeves and shows me his arms that are bruised from elbow to wrist) I had a little accident.

L: Jerry! What did you do?

J: Well. I was up on the roof sucking up the pine needles and the cord got caught on the shake. So I pulled it and it whipped around and knocked my ladder down. I was so mad and didn't know what to do. So, I sat on the edge of my roof and shouted for you at the top of my lungs. When you didn't show up, I decided I could get down on my own, but I fell off instead.

L: (shaking my head and trying to hold back the laughter) Are you okay? I'm sorry...I'm not laughing at you...(I couldn't help it...the laughter just burst out of me).

J: Yes you are! I can't believe you are laughing at me. I could have been killed! (Then he starts laughing) I am sure that the whole neighborhood got a kick out of the crazy 70 year old man shouting "LINDA" at the top of his lungs and then falling off the roof.

I am still laughing about it because I can just picture the whole scene inside my head.

Oh!

And reason # 965 why I love my neighborhood....

My dogs got out this morning and Jerry (who is in his 70's) and Chuck (who is in his 60's) were both running around the block and the park trying to catch the dogs. I so wish I had video taped them. I would have won $10,000 from AFV for sure!

How can you not love crazy neighbors who fall off the roof and will chase your dogs in 104 degree heat?

They are the best!

5 comments:

jake and jenni said...

I'm with ya..it is the best. That is why I am staying forever and ever. If I was stuck on my roof and I was yelling your name, do you think you would hear me?

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Yeah sounds like you! It also reminds me that you are the type of a person that everyone would call had they been stuck on their roof. Just imagine Lucinda calling from her street across Ray Rd. You'd go. Imagine if mary was calling from her street. If we imagined me... I'm almost positive you would not be hearing me but knowing if you knew, you'd most definitely come. What a neat story... that's so you and I love it!

Ginger said...

Too funny!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

Sadly, I totally would have laughed at him too. I can't get the mental image out of my head of a 70 year old man sitting on his roof yelling LINDA at the top of his lungs. . .

Michelle Connolly said...

That's the second person that I've heard of this week that's falled off a roof! Oh and by the way...I miss you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...