Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Gonna Blame It On The Drugs

I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I have been so EMO! I would LOVE to blame it on the drugs, but I'm not taking any! Is this what happens when you get older? Because I really am not comfortable with this.

I used to be made of stone. I didn't cry over anything unless I got really mad or frustrated. I used to make fun of my mom because she cried over EVERYTHING! I always thought it was pretty funny, the things that would make her cry. For example, we were watching an awards show one night and Sammy Davis Jr. came on and danced. She started crying because he was so skinny. Seriously, as a 12 year old...I though she was nuts!

But, let me give you some examples of my mid-life crisis. Last week, Dancing with the Stars did a dance tribute to Patrick Swayze. I sat there and cried and cried. I'm not necessarily a Patrick Swayze fan, or a Hollywood fan by any means. But, I thought it was sweet and appropriate and not usual for Hollywood. I think for once they got it right.

Plus, don't even get me started on the Biggest Loser....I can't get through an episode of that show without crying like a baby.

But here's the kicker...you know that Race for the Cure commercial where the lady talks about helping her sister comb her hair when they were little and now she had to help her shave her head? Yeah, I can't watch that commercial. (If you'd like to know the truth...I'm tearing up a little right now.)

So, here is my issue. I used to be pretty dark and sarcastic. I don't mind being nicer or friendlier or even a little more emotional. However, what is alarming to me is where does it end? Because the things that make me cry get more and more ridiculous as the days go by. Seriously...will I eventually get my emotions under control? Because I have bad feeling that I am going to end up baking rainbow cakes and taking them to my neighbors while I sing "What the World Needs Now" to them.

If I ever do that....please smack me and help me pack so I can move to the mountains and become a hermit.

9 comments:

jake and jenni said...

I want a rainbow cake and I would LOVE to hear you sing What the World needs now. Anytime.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Boy, it just really got to me too! You just drive right on up here and bring me my cake.

Cicily said...

It's called Hormones and yes, they suck. Just tell people you're on drugs, they'll understand.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

It's all good, it sounds like you have gotten to know your sensitive side a bit...I am sure it will all level out!! :) I am sure the neighbors would't mind the yummy cake either!! :) HAHA!

I love the comment about being a meatatarian and a sweetatarian...smart kid. You do have some of the cutest kids ya know...

Rogers Family said...

Haha....Child #3? Could that be the issue? LOL. Just kidding. It's okay to be emotional. I cry over everything! I always have.

Stephanie :) said...

I'm a big cry baby....I tell people I cry during cat food commercials. I don't, but really, what could be less emotional? Darrell always leans over when I'm crying and says, "Don't worry, there's a happy ending." Sometimes that makes it worse.

Evon said...

Hormones and old age!!

Michelle Connolly said...

My first thought...twins...a little bun in the oven (or two buns...hee hee hee)!

I say, go ahead and just let it all out :) it's ok! just stock up on tissues :)

Ginger said...

Welcome to my world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...